Presently accepting applications/resumes, for a Full Time Cook to work in our Industrial Kitchen. Our facility provides 480 meals daily, plus occasional in-house catering and other food prep as necessary to meet the needs of our facility.
In addition to preparing Industrial size food portions of cooked recipes, job duties will include:
- Assembles all items needed in order to meet daily meal needs.
- Pull needed items from coolers and storeroom, and checks all food items, prior to using to ensure food is properly sealed and dates are visible and accurate.
- Conducts daily physical inventory of all items in storerooms in order to keep an accurate stock of items needed for next day’s meals.
- Maintain area in a clean and sanitary fashion
- Plate up all food items as needed. Both hot and cold.
- Must be familiar with, and be able to prepare special diets and be able to serve the correct foods to every resident.
- Monitors and records temperatures of all perishable items upon storage/delivery to ensure temperatures are within safety, and maintains freshness.
- Maintains Food Quality Control by checking for any product that is damaged, leaking and/or spoiled in the food coolers, and storage areas and/or ingredient holding areas and report any such incidence to the management for corrective action.
- Check cooked food to be sure it is not over or under cooked by taking temperatures and also using a visual inspection process.
- Must be able to read industrial level recipes, and be able to breakdown recipes, as necessary.
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- One year dietary and cooking experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility preferred, or previous experience cooking for groups of 100 or more via bulk recipes.
- Must possess, at a minimum, a high school diploma or GED. Industrial Training, Vocational, or college coursework, preferably in culinary arts.
To apply for this job please visit www.emailmeform.com.