The Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) must demonstrate a working knowledge of, but not limited to, the following:
• All Iroquois policies and procedures as they pertain to specific duties.
• The process of aging as it relates to health care.
• Resident’s rights, dignity and abuse regulations.
• Resident safety, standard precautions, basic principles of infection control, fire and emergency drills and corporate compliance.
• Specific treatment procedures which include, but are not limited to:
Personal Resident Care:
Bathing, grooming, dressing, peri care, shaving, ostomy care, ready to use enema, oral hygiene, and nail care.
Use of bedpans and urinals.
ADL care such as feeding, toileting, mobility and transfer.
Transporting, positioning, lifting, turning/moving of residents.
Catheter care, vital signs, ROM, post mortem care, restorative nursing
Care of resident personal laundry and belongings
Preventative skin care.
• Correct and safe techniques in the use of equipment such as beds, scales, lifts, bed checks, safety devices, intercom, call bell system, and air mattresses.
• Maintaining clean equipment, service, utility and resident room areas as assigned.
• Document all provided resident care, in real time, via resident specific electronic medical record.
• Complete resident/unit rounds at the beginning/end of the shift as per standard of care.
• Report to team leader/charge nurse any change or deviation in resident status. Will identify resident in crisis and take immediate, appropriate action.
• Gives thorough verbal end of shift report to charge nurse
• Information on Comprehensive Care Plan and CNA Instruction per resident electronic medical record..
• The Quality Assurance Process and will participate in specific QA committee as appropriate.
• The organization of care for a group of residents under the direction of team leader/charge nurse.
• Effective communication, conflict resolution and problem solving skills with residents/families and Health Care Team.
• Provides for the physical, emotional, and spiritual comfort and environmental safety of residents.
• May be required to perform related tasks required for essential and smooth functioning of the department including but not limited to maintaining minimal staffing levels.
To apply for this job please visit www.emailmeform.com.