Presently accepting applications for a Full Time Activity/Recreation Coordinator to work in our long-term healthcare facility, working with residents to enhance their quality of life by creating and providing for, multiple recreational activities.
The Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate creative activities that they participate in or coordinated, and/or creative group recreational activities they have lead, and previous work experience with older populations.
Job Duties will include:
- Learning new residents’ leisure time interest needs and planning, and organizing and implementing recreational programs to meet the residents needs.
- Facilitation of programing with other departments.
- Engaging residents in participating in group activities, and individual recreational activities, daily.
- Assist with transporting residents to activities
- Document resident participation levels, and resident interests.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, every other weekend, and occasional holidays
- Must have good creative abilities, verbal and written communication skills, and computer skills
Minimum Associates Degree in Recreation or related and/or experience working with the geriatrics:.Creative with music, crafts, group activities, and individualized activities
Desired Qualifications: frequently participates is one or more craft/hobby activities, musical (plays an instrument), very social and friendly. Patient with people.
Iroquois offers competitive salary, excellent job benefits including: low cost family health insurance, 401k with company match, free parking, vacation time off, paid sick time, paid personal leave time off, and more.
We are located 10 minutes from downtown Syracuse, 30 minutes from Fulton, 30 minutes from Cortland, and 45 minutes from Oneida. EOE
To apply for this job please visit www.emailmeform.com.